Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In Viterbo

I am currently living in a small town, about a two hour train ride north of Rome.  The city, Viterbo, is an  medieval walled city, the majority of the downtown area is surrounded by a thirty foot wall.  The city is absolutely beautiful and I hope you can enjoy it through my eyes.  





My room.

 Our living room.
 Kitchen and my roommate John from Reno, Nevada.  He plays violin.

Other two roommates Jack from Winchester, Mass. and Josh from Miami, Ohio.

Our building's courtyard.

View out my window.

Looking at our front door.  Our building was built in the 1200's and was a palace for a wealthy family in Viterbo.

Looking out our front door.

Looking out my window down the road. Via Orologio Vecchio.

Friend Mike drinking beers.

Clock tower in Porta Fiorintina.

Old and new, once outside the city walls the town is very modern.  The Ipercoop is a walmart type store with very good prices on food and home goods.


I had originally anticipated posting on this every few days but due to the lack of easily accessible internet access it will probably turn to a biweekly event.  Until next time, Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Some very nice shots. I especially appreciate the one of John looking out the window, great reflection. As well as Mike, there isn't a beer in his hand but the light casts a perfect bottle where a real one would be.
    Maybe some bracketing would help develop your skys a bit more. Looking forward to more, cheers!

    ReplyDelete